The bloody incident took place in the small Ukrainian village Melioratyvne, near the big city Dnipropetrovsk. A strong conflict flared up between the villagers and armed mercenaries of “Aydar” battalion, which is fighting for the Ukrainian government against the Donbass. The mercenaries tried to demolish the only statue of Lenin located in the village in the middle of the night. The villagers asked the mercenaries why they came to destroy the statue, which triggered a fight between the battalion and the villagers. Some 20 civilians were seriously injured. When police officers arrived at the scene, they were standing next to the fighters of the “Aydar” battalion and did nothing. The Ukrainian media did not report this incident.
Since right-wing extremists of the ultra-nationalist party “Right Sector” in Ukraine around its leader Dimitry Jarosch provided the Kiev government with an ultimatum to overthrow their current president Petro Poroshenko, cities – mainly in the Western part of the country – and their governing authorities were stormed by “Right Sector” militias.
In recent days, supporters and members of the right-wing extremist/neo-fascist group built barricades and checkpoints in several parts of the Ukraine and around Kiev. Now the situation seems to be escalating in all of Ukraine – West and East.
The following events and attacks involving the “Right Sector” took place in recent days:
• In Donetsk an assassination attempt on Elena Fillippova, the secretary of DPR Prime Minister Zakharchenko, was committed. An explosive device was placed in the passenger seat of her car. She is currently in hospital.
• The “Right Sector” blocks the checkpoints in Mukachevo after deadly clashes with police. Civilians and inhabitants of the city were evacuated. The negotiations seem to have failed: the mercenaries of the “Right Sector” do not want to lay down their arms without explicit command of their leaders.
• The editor of the opposition newspaper “working class” (Communist Party of Ukraine), ex-deputy of the Rada was accused for “separatism” in court.
• In the city of Kharkov right-wing extremists of the “Right Sector” harassed young men on the marketplace. When they saw that they were being filmed, they detained the cameraman – accusation: “separatism”.
• Several murders of Maidan-critical journalists and officials belonging to the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic were committed. Members or supporters of “Right Sector” are suspected of having murdered them.
Fighter of the Nazi battalion “Azov” published today a video in which they crucify a resistance fighter and then burn him alive. The gruesome video message was sent to the hackers of “Cyberberkut” and the authorities of the People’s Republic of Donetsk. According to the authors of the video the atrocity took place near Schyrokyne (People’s Republic Donetsk). “This is what all separatists, traitors and resistance fighters, have to expect” said the Azov battalion.
Original news source Donetsk People’s Republic:http://dnr-news.com/video/